KPO is committed to maximise opportunities for the development of Local Content in KPO operations and Karachaganak field development activities in compliance with the Final Production Sharing Agreement (FPSA).
The KPO Local Content strategy applies to all areas and activities within KPO’s business operations.
- Assess potential local suppliers and providers and promote their utilisation within KPO and major contractors;
- Increase competence and competitiveness of local companies;
- Supply of information regarding opportunities for local companies to participate in procurement processes;
- Strengthening local oil and gas competences and capabilities with international requirements and the standards of oil and gas operators;
- Focus on longer term operational needs of KPO;
- Matching international contractors with Kazakh companies to encourage inward capital investment and technology transfer;
- Maintain and enhance relationships with local companies, financial institutions and non-governmental organisations.