KPO recognizes that the oil and gas industry present some inherent health hazards in its operations and products.
We have established an Occupational Health Management System that incorporates the minimum set of elements defined by ISO 45001, an international standard that describes the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system. The minimum elements include:
- a written health and safety policy;
- assessments of the risks to employees, contractors, customers, partners, and any other people who could be affected by the organisation’s activities;
- arrangements for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of the preventive and protective measures that come from risk assessment;
- access to competent health and safety advice;
- providing employees with information about the risks in your workplace and how they are protected;
- instruction and training for employees in how to deal with the risks;
- ensuring there is adequate and appropriate supervision in place;
- consulting employees about their risks at work and current preventive and protective measures.
KPO Health Department provides a reliable and qualified service to KPO employees and their dependants, including such functions as:
- 24/7 emergency medical care,
- Pre- and post-shift medical check-ups,
- Primary health care at workplaces,
- Health risk management,
- Industrial hygiene and control of workplace exposures,
- Drinking water and food safety quality control,
- Fitness for task assessment and health surveillance,
- Medical insurance,
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle.