KPO conducts its activities based on sustainability principles as inherent components of conducting business. Our partnership with the authorities enables us to align our business with the host Government’s objective to promote the Country’s sustainable growth while developing its natural resources.
KPO’s sustainability efforts are based on the following pillars:
- world-class health, safety and environmental practices,
- robust corporate governance principles,
- best available technologies,
- enhanced local content in staff, goods, works and services, and
- continued investment in social infrastructure and support of West Kazakhstan’s regional economy.
Our sustainable development objectives are defined in the KPO Sustainability Charter. In recognition of the Republic of Kazakhstan’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), we measure our own success through the prism of principles set by our Sustainable Development Charter.
Through annual Sustainability Reports, which have long become the Venture’s key communication platform, we inform our stakeholders about our current operational achievements and future development projects. Here we also brief our readers on KPO’s performance against the set targets in sustainability topics, including environmental management, social performance and value added in the supply chain.
KPO Sustainability Report 2022 is the 15th report in a row. This document has been issued in accordance with the GRI Standards and the Oil and Gas Sector GRI Standards of 2021.
KPO sustainable reporting has come a long way since the first edition:
- In 2009, KPO was the first company in Kazakhstan to issue an independently assured sustainability report in accordance with international standards.
- In 2014, KPO was again first in the country to issue the Sustainability Report in accordance with the latest Guideline 4 of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI G4).
- In 2018, KPO was selected a finalist in the Asian Sustainability Reporting Awards (ASRA) 2018 in the nominations ‘Best Environmental Reporting’ and ‘Best Workplace Reporting’.
- Our Reports for the years of 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 have received national recognition in the annual contents and ratings of the Rating Agency ‘Expert RA Kazakhstan’ (RAEX).
- Starting from 2019, KPO is been continuously rated among the top ten non-financial companies in terms of ESG information disclosure by PwC Qazaqstan.
- Also, due to its robust environmental disclosure as part of sustainability reporting , KPO has been in the top three in the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Environmental Information Transparency Rating for Oil and Gas Companies in Qazaqstan since 2017.
- Thirteen KPO sustainability reports have been verified for accuracy by reputable international audit companies.
We believe that a good business while pursuing its objectives ought to take into account the opinion of its stakeholders. Stakeholders are generally defined as ‘individuals, groups of individuals or organizations that affect and/or may be affected by an organization’s activities, products or services and associated performance with regard to the issues to be addressed by the engagement.’- AA1000 Stakeholder Engagement Standard 2011.
We engage our stakeholders through a two-way communication. Our identified major stakeholder groups are presented below. All our departments, from Operations to Corporate, one way or another constantly engage with their respective stakeholders.
ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System)
ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health and Safety)
ISO 50001:2018 (Energy Management)
ISO 39001:2012 (Road Traffic Safety Management System)